Code Compliance is responsible for assisting our citizens in understanding and complying with Building Code, Zoning Ordnance, Parking Ordnance and other ordinances related to the development process in Deltona.
The goal of the Code Compliance Division is to maintain a high-quality community environment in accordance with all relevant City standards and to to ensure cooperation and coordination between code enforcement, licensing, and law enforcement functions and agencies and to provide the public with a timely response to complaints and adequate follow-up to ensure complaint resolution.
Code Compliance Officers must complete a 40-hour certification course before becoming a Code Compliance Officer and a minimum of 16 hours of refresher training every two years to stay certified. The officers work from 8:00 am to 6:30 pm - 7 days a week. However, office hours are Monday - Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Following are examples of some of the most common code violations:
- Parking improperly
- Inoperative motor vehicles stored on property
- Accumulation of trash and debris on property
- Overgrown weeds and grass
- Doing construction related work without a permit
- Erecting signs in road right-of-ways
- Operating a business without a city occupational license