The City Manager, as Chief Executive Administrative Officer of the City, plans, organizes and directs the activities of all Departments of the municipality. In carrying out these duties, the City Manager:
- Interprets and implements City Commission policies;
- Coordinates departmental efforts;
- Handles citizens' inquiries, complaints and requests;
- Prepares management reports that will assist in the decision making process;
- Recommends legislation that appears necessary and desirable;
- Represents the City in its relations with the public, the press and other governmental entities;
- Submits the annual budget for approval; and
- Executes policies and desires of the City Commission through administrative directives.
Mission Statement - "The mission of the City Manager's Office is to manage and direct all activities of the City government as outlined by the City Charter, Code of Ordinances, and as directed by the City Commission. The City Manager's Office strives to provide the residents of Deltona with services that are efficient, cost effective, and meet their needs through customer service-based delivery."
GOALS & OBJECTIVES:
- Ensure that policies as established by the Mayor and City Commission are carried out as efficiently, effectively, and equitably as possible.
- Ensure that the day-to-day operations of the City are managed by professionals who are educated and trained in current City management practices, State and Federal laws and mandates, and cost-effective service delivery.
- Oversee the preparation and management of a comprehensive annual budget and capital improvement program that ensures fiscal responsibility while meeting the needs of our citizenry.
- Ensure that the Commission is provided with advice and options concerning emerging issues and policy to achieve the City's overall mission.
- Bring together the leadership, vision, and focus on results needed to maintain a quality lifestyle for our residents by managing financial and human resources, delivering services, and planning and preparing for community development and re-development.
- Maintain commitment to high ethical standards by the City Manager and throughout the organization, and encourage continued professional development of City staff.
- Ensure adequate resources to meet service levels.
- Facilitate interdepartmental, as well as interagency, cooperation.
- Continue to identify and implement best practices that will enhance, or at a minimum, maintain current levels of service given the difficulties of the present economic environment.