View Contact Info
Hours of Operation
Monday – Friday
8:00 am – 4:00 pm
Officers on duty:
8:00 am – 6:30 pm (7-days a week)
AFTER HOURS: (386) 878-8701 or *(386) 736-5999
*After hours calls are routed to VCSO Dispatch.
How to Reach Us
Concerns can be called in 24-hours a day, 7-days week by calling the Animal Control Department at (386) 878-8701.
The Animal Control Division is responsible for picking up stray dogs, investigating animal bites, abandonment, animal cruelty cases and other complaints.
Our goal is to keep all owned animals confined to their property and to ensure animals are vaccinated and licensed. Our objectives are:
- To minimize the risk of rabies outbreaks and threats to the public health and safety by vaccinating the majority of dogs and cats against the disease.
- To reduce the number of dogs and cats euthanized at the Humane Societies.
- To provide a pro-active response to dangerous dogs to reduce the number of animal bites.
- To provide the public with a timely response to complaints and adequate follow-up to ensure complaint resolution.
- To promote responsible pet ownership.
Our Animal Control Officers are proactive within our community. Just recently we visited Timbercrest Elementary. The children really enjoyed asking questions, learning and seeing one of our Animal Control trucks.