Business Tax and Permits

City and County Occupational Permits

To conduct business in the City of Deltona, all businesses must first obtain a (Local Business Tax) receipt issued by the City of Deltona. This is a tax that provides for the privilege of engaging in a business, trade, or occupation within our city. The fee for each business varies. In addition, Volusia County requires a business tax as well. You must receive the certificate from the City prior to applying with Volusia County. For questions regarding the Volusia County’s process, please call 386-736-5938.

The requirements for obtaining a local business tax receipt vary with each profession. Some businesses necessitate a State license, and we require a copy of this license prior to the issuance of the local business tax receipt.

Any complaints concerning business practices should be addressed, if they are licensed by the state, to the board that regulates them. For all other businesses please contact the Better Business Bureau at 407-621-3300 or you may visit their website at

To apply for a local business tax receipt, click here or stop by:

Deltona City Hall
2345 Providence Blvd.
Deltona, FL  32725

Site Plan and Building Permits

Sign regulations are controlled by the Planning and Development Services Department and also by the Building Zoning Services Department. Planning and Development Services approves the size, character, location, and the number of signs; once approved, the Building and Zoning Services issues the sign permit based on the structural soundness and plans submitted.

Site plans and building permits are controlled by Planning and Development Services Department and also by the Building Zoning Services Department. Planning and Development Services approves the site plan and a building permit is issued by the City of Deltona, Department of Building and Zoning Services Department.

For additional information, please contact:

Planning and Development Services Department
2345 Providence Blvd.
Deltona, Florida 32725

Vehicle Registration/Driver’s License
Vehicle registration, for corporate vehicles and/or residents, can be obtained by providing proof of Florida insurance, and mileage verification. Forms to verify vehicle numbers (which must be notarized) are available at the vehicle registration office, insurance offices, or at auto clubs. Certification of mileage may be done by an insurance agent, the police department, or auto club. A Florida driver’s license may be obtained after registration of the vehicle.

Auto Title & Transfer Office (Tag office)

Thomas C. Kelly Administration Center
123 W. Indiana Ave.,
DeLand, Florida
386-736-5936 (West Volusia)


You need:

  • Proof of Florida insurance
  • Vehicle registration/title
  • Vehicle verification form
  • Name, address, and account number of the lien holder (if the vehicle is financed).


Driver’s License Bureau Volusia County Administration Bldg
330 East New York Avenue
DeLand, Florida 32724
(386) 736-5326

Orange City Administration Office
2744 Enterprise Road  
Orange City, Florida  32720



  • If you are currently driving with a license from another state, you will be asked to surrender that license.  
  • If you have a vehicle in Florida you will not be issued a driver’s license without proof of Florida vehicle registration.

Licenses: Food Industries
Any business related to food, other than prepackaged, must contact the appropriate State agency. An inspection of your business must be arranged prior to opening or with a change of ownership or location. Because codes change, previously allowed activities may no longer be allowed under new ownership.

Deli and Carryout

Department of Agriculture

Division of Consumer Services

Mayo Building – 2nd floor

Tallahassee, FL 32399  

(850) 488-0295


Dept of Professional Regulation

North Wood Center

1940 N. Monroe Street

Tallahassee, FL 32399

(850) 487-1395