The City of Deltona wants residents to be aware of several upcoming road resurfacing projects that will begin Monday, Aug. 6 (weather permitting).
As part of Fiscal Year 2017-2018 Roadway Resurfacing Program, paving contractor Halifax Paving will soon begin resurfacing the following:
• Eustace Avenue – from Providence Boulevard to past the intersection of South Seagate Drive;
• Cobblestone Avenue – between Hager Street and Elgrove Drive;
• Falmouth Avenue – from Midland Drive north to Saxon Boulevard;
• Independence Avenue – from Radcliff Street to Merrimac Street;
• Layton Avenue;
• Lear Terrace;
• East Lombardy Drive – between East Normandy Boulevard and Rockhill Street;
• North Midland Drive;
• Radcliff Street; and
• Rockhill Street.
Motorists and pedestrians should drive with caution and watch for flag personnel and other directive signage. These projects, unfortunately, will cause some disruption to our residents, pedestrians and motorists. Halifax Paving has committed to having the roadways back open as quickly as the work can be completed while providing a safe travel environment. Residents in the impacted areas will always have access to their homes. The City’s Public Works Department would like to remind motorists to remain alert at all times and to exercise caution when traveling in the vicinity of roadway work zones.