From Volusia County Community Information: Volusia County’s Human Services Office is sponsoring a Summer Food Service Program for children from June 4 through Aug. 10.
The program, funded by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, provides nutritionally balanced meals regardless of race, color, sex, disability or national origin during summer vacation when school breakfasts and lunches are not available. All children age 18 and younger are eligible for meals at no charge, and there will be no discrimination in meal service. The programs are approved only for geographical areas where 50 percent or more of the children qualify for free and reduced-price meals during the school year.
The following Deltona sites will participate in the Summer Food Service Program. Meals will be served Monday through Friday unless otherwise indicated. All sites will be closed on July 4 in observance of Independence Day.
• Boys & Girls Club Harris Saxon, 2329 California St. (June 4 through Aug. 3; closed July 2 through 6) Breakfast: 8 to 9:30 a.m.; lunch: noon to 1:30 p.m.
• Deltona Regional Library, 2150 Eustace Ave. (June 4 through Aug 10) Breakfast: 9:30 to 10:30 a.m.; lunch: 1 to 2 p.m.
• It’s Not About Us Ministries, 840 Deltona Blvd, Suite N (June 4 through Aug 10) Breakfast: 9 to 10 a.m.; lunch: noon to 1 p.m.
• New Hope Church, 2855 Lake Helen Osteen Road (June 4 through June 29) Breakfast: 8 to 9 a.m.; lunch: noon to 1 p.m.
• Pine Ridge Academy, 1045 E. Normandy Blvd. (June 4 through Aug 10) Lunch: 11:30 a.m. to 12:45 p.m.
• Ultimate Kidzone, 1235 Providence Blvd, Suite G (June 4 through Aug. 10) Breakfast: 8:00 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.; lunch: 1 to 2 p.m.
• YMCA Four Townes Deltona, 2300 Howland Blvd. (June 4 through Aug. 10) Breakfast: 8 to 9:30 a.m.; lunch: noon to 1:30 p.m.
• Youth Performing Arts Center, 689 Deltona Blvd. (June 4 through July 27) Breakfast: 9 to 10 a.m.; lunch: noon to 1 p.m.
For a list of locations throughout Volusia County, visit their website.