2641 Keysville Avenue
Keysville Dog Park, home of the annual "Wags & Whiskers Pet Festival", situated on 14 acres and contains:
- 2 separate fenced areas for large and small dogs
- Fenced doggie watering stations
- Benches & picnic tables inside fences
- Pavilions (3) 2 within fenced area
- Walking trail-just under 1/2 mile
- Basketball Court
- Wheelchair accessible swing
Pet Owner Rules & Regulations:
- Clean & pick-up after your pet. Doggie poop bags are provided for your convenience.
- No food permitted inside the fence.
- No smoking permitted inside the fence.
- Dogs in heat not permitted.
- Aggressive dogs not permitted.
- All Dogs MUST have current vaccinations.
Under Chapter 14 of the City of Deltona Code of Ordinances
Sec. 14-8. Restraint required.
(a) It shall be the duty of every owner of any animal or anyone having any animal in his possession or custody to ensure that:
(1) The animal is kept under restraint;
(2) Reasonable care and precautions are taken to prevent the animal from leaving, while unattended, the real property limits of its owner, possessor or custodian; and
(3) The animal is:
a. Securely and humanely confined within a house, building, fence, crate, pen or other enclosure;
b.Humanely secured by chain, cable and trolley, rope or tether that is a minimum of six feet in length and of sufficient strength to prevent escape; or
c. Leashed or otherwise controlled by a person who is physically able to control the animal;
d. Securely confined within a vehicle, parked or in motion; or
e. Caged or cross tethered in the open bed of a vehicle.
(4) Pets are permitted in designated day-use areas at all city parks. They must be restrained by a leash, cord or chain a maximum of ten feet in length, held by a person who is physically able to control the animal. The animal must be well-behaved at all times. Pet owners are required and it is unlawful for pet owners to fail to pick up after their pets and properly dispose of any fecal material deposited upon the ground. Pets are not permitted on designated sports fields or in playgrounds, bathing areas, cabins, park buildings, or concession facilities. Within individual [arks, specific areas also may be designated as no pet areas.
(5) Dogs are permitted to be off leash while contained within the fenced boundaries of the city dog park, as long as the following conditions are met:
a. Dogs are well behaved, which for the purpose of this section shall mean that the dog does not bite,growl, bark excessively, jump at other people or dogs, or behave in any manner which is deemd disruptive by a city employee.
b. Dog owners must adhere to all posted fules pertaining to the dog park city ordinances.
c. Any person and/oranimal in violation of this section shall be required to leave the city park immediately upon request of a city employee.
d. Any person found in violation of this section is subject to the penalties prescribed in 14-6 of this chapter.
(Ord. No. 96-51, 14(4)--(7), 10-7-1996; Ord. No. 20-02, 1,8-19-2002; Ord. No 06-06 3, 4-17-2006)