The City of Deltona is required, pursuant to Chapter 163.3191, Florida Statutes, to evaluate at least every seven (7) years the Comprehensive Plan to determine whether plan amendments are needed to reflect changes in state law and/or local conditions. According to the Evaluation and Appraisal Notification Schedule, 2012 - 2018, the City of Deltona must make this determination and submit a letter to the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity (DEO) by October 1, 2017.
If the City determines amendments to the comprehensive plan are necessary, the City shall prepare and transmit the proposed amendments to the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity within one (1) year from the Evaluation and Appraisal Notification Letter date (October 1, 2017).
2018 EAR-BASED AMENDMENTS (ORDINANCE NO. 09-2018)
- Transmittal to the Department of Economic Opportunity (DEO)
- Submittal to the Volusia Growth Management Commission (VGMC)
- Submittal Letter to VGMC
- VGMC Application for Comprehensive Plan Amendment Consistency Certification
- Legal Notice
- After Action Agenda City Commission Meeting 8/20/2018
- Ordinance No. 09-2018
- Exhibit A to Ordinance 09-2018 (Comprehensive Plan EAR-Based Amendments 2018)
- Supporting Documentation
Public Workshop March 4, 2017
Evaluation and Appraisal Notification Letter to the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity - Resolution No. 2017-21