View Contact Info
Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday
7:30AM - 4:30PM
How to Reach Us
The Department of Public Works provides a variety of services to support City functions as well as our community. The Department is responsible for the maintenance of the public right-of-way to include streets, sidewalks, and medians through our Field and Traffic divisions. The Fleet Maintenance Division provides a comprehensive maintenance program for all of the City-owned vehicles and equipment. Our City’s Stormwater division is responsible for maintaining our drainage infrastructure to help ensure that our most precious resource remains free of pollutants. The Engineering division provides long-range comprehensive planning, sound project design, and quality construction management to support the utility operations, stormwater, roadway and environmental needs of our City.
The Public Works Department is also responsible for the safe and reliable provision of potable water and the handling of sanitary sewer through the various utility divisions (Deltona Water). Additional information on these divisions can be found under the Water Department’s webpage.
The operations of Public Works is funded through a variety of sources such as the General Fund, Stormwater Revenue Fund, Enterprise Fund, Transportation Fund and CDBG when applicable.
Mission Statement - "To provide quality, innovative, visually appealing and cost-efficient maintenance of vehicles and equipment, public right-of-way, Stormwater drainage infrastructure and retention areas. In addition, we provide sign and signal maintenance and traffic control and calming within the City limits. Furthermore, to perform complex professional analytical office and engineering support in plan review and field engineering support for environmental, water, wastewater, stormwater, roads and drainage and other projects with the City; and to provide the residents of Deltona with exceptional customer service and respond to the needs of the community."
PUBLIC WORKS CONSISTS OF THE FOLLOWING DIVISIONS - Administrative, Customer Service, Engineering, Field Operations, Fleet Maintenance, Stormwater, NPDES, Traffic, Water and Wastewater Maintenance and Utility Operations.
GOALS & OBJECTIVES
Proactively perform maintenance service in all sectors within the City limits.
- Proactively perform maintenance service in all sectors within the City limits.
- Install new sidewalks; provide routine maintenance to all existing sidewalks.
- Provide the residents of the City with means to become involved in the beautification by having a Beautification Advisory Board that meets once a month.
- Perform proactive vehicle and equipment maintenance.
- Enhance City's traffic control and street signs in the interest of safety and appearance.
- Provide in-house road striping and crosswalks within the City.
- Process all invoices, contracts, bid requests, agenda memos, supply orders and financials in a timely manner.
- Respond to all inquiries for street lighting districts.
- Respond to all inquiries for traffic calming.
- Provide a high level of customer service and response to inquires on a timely basis.
- Ensure that the construction of City and private development projects are performed in accordance with approved laws and specifications.
- Conduct field inspections of public and private projects on a continual basis to determine compliance with City codes, specifications, and standards.
- Liaison and coordinate with contractors, engineers, owners, and developers during the construction process through completion and certifications.
- Review and approval of engineering plans and specifications for City and private projects.
- Participate in and coordinate DRC reviews and approval process and serve as a member of the DRC.
|Matt Doan||Public Works Director|