As part of the Roadway Resurfacing Program for FY 17/18, the City’s paving contractor Halifax Paving will resume resurfacing efforts on the following roadways:
- Eustace Avenue – from Providence Boulevard to past intersection of South Seagate Drive
- Cobblestone Avenue – between Hager Street & Elgrove Drive
- Falmouth Avenue – from Midland Drive NORTH to Saxon Boulevard
- Independence Avenue – from Radcliff Street to Merrimac Street
- Layton Avenue
- Lear Terrace
- Lombardy Drive EAST – between Normandy Boulevard EAST and Rockhill Street
- Midland Drive NORTH
- Radcliff Street
- Rockhill Street
Halifax Paving will have flag personnel, MOT and other directive signage (as warranted & necessary) installed prior proceeding with the any roadway resurfacing activities and shall maintain personnel, MOT, etc. until the roadways are open for general traffic. Halifax Paving anticipates commencement of resurfacing on Monday, August 6, 2018 (weather permitting). Unfortunately, this road work will be a disruption to our residents, pedestrians & traveling public. Halifax Paving has committed to having the roadways back open as quickly as the work can be completed while providing a safe pedestrian & vehicle travel environment. Residents in the impacted areas will always have access to their homes.
The Public Works Department reminds motorists to remain alert at all times and to exercise caution when traveling in the vicinity of roadway work zones.